Friday, May 3, 2013

My Unexpected Pregnancy

I’ve been wanting to do this since the first day I learned about my pregnancy, but I was not able to do so because I was working for almost 10 hours daily and I usually become very tired when I get home. Now that I am on the second week of Maternity Leave, I’m glad I finally have the time to babble about my pregnancy journey.
I am one of the 36% Filipino women (according to NSO Statistics 2012) with unexpected pregnancy. I just exited my teenage years, started out in the corporate world and had soo many plans for the future. My then boyfriend, who is now my husband, hasn’t even met my mother when I got pregnant. My mother expects a lot from me, and truthfully, I did not intend to fail her expectations. It is still fresh to me how I told her about it. The only thing I was able to utter was “Mommy..”, then I handed her one of the three pregnancy test devices I used. She was shaking when she took it. When she finally determined what it was, she asked, “Buntis ka?”, although we both know that the question was unnecessary. She almost fell to the ground while crying softly as she could. That is one of the hurtful moments I ever had. I was hurt seeing my mom hurt because of me.


The actual PT devices I used



While it seems to be negative, I don’t regret anything. I am beyond happy with the events that happened next. I realized just how much my mother really loves me; I got married to my husband; and above all, I am about to receive the most precious gift in my life—my daughter. I also have to mention, even though I’ll be giving my first birth to a girl, God granted my wish to have a son as the eldest in my family. He is none other than Gian—my husband’s son and is now my son, too.


My baby girl



Kuya Gian



Today, (if I am correct with my guess about the first day of my LMP), my baby is now 9 months, 2 weeks and 1 day. She is due to go out on May 16, but my doctor said it would be fine to give birth anytime now. I just turned impatient today. I’ve been going back and forth from home to the hospital every two days and it has become exhausting that I just want to give birth now. I hope to get admitted as soon as tomorrow night to end the false alarms and spare some time and fare money. Above all, I wish safety for both myself and my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment