Monday, March 16, 2015

Dear Husband

Two years of being married. Wow. Can we give each other a pat in the back?

If our first year together was like a roller-coaster ride, the second one is quite the same, but with greater speed and intensity, if you know what I mean. But we both know we would not stay this way forever; the best is yet to come. One day, we'll get through this roller coaster, and we'll just be cruising together.

We do not have the typically inspiring love story to share, in fact, I think we have one of the worsts out there. I realized family and parenting stresses and two people with completely different personalities, not to mention different cultural background, are the perfect recipe for a disaster marriage. But I am proud of us. After all the brows we've raised, jobs we've lost, money we owe, and fights we've fought, we are still standing and fighting together for this relationship, for the family.




Two years ago, we've made one of the dumbest decisions we've ever had in our lives-- marrying each other. Back then, it was very easy to make a commitment because we were so in love and happy and we didn't have that much stress at all. But now, we know better. Marriage is far more than how the movies portray it. Marriage is not easy; it is not always romantic. But if I will be asked again if I would agree to marry you, knowing how difficult it is, I would still say yes. Because only this marriage and this family gave me direction and a sense of purpose in life, and only you and this marriage made me truly comprehend what 1 Corinthians 13:4:6 means.









Happy Anniversary.

Love,
Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment